Valledolmo is a town of nearly 4,900, located in the Palermo province at 746m height, near the Cozzo Campanaro peak. It was founded in the 17th century by Antonio Cutelli, its original name being Castelnormanno, and developed on a regular urban plan marked by rectangular blocks. The town has various interesting religious buildings, notably the Chiesa Madre dedicated to Sant’Antonio da Padova and dating from the 18th century, the 1600’s Chiesa delle Anime Sante and the 1800’s Chiesa della Purità.