Gagliano Castelferrato is a small town in the province of Enna. It nestles atop a rocky spur, at some 650m height, where a large number of ancient necropolises have been discovered.
The 1300’s Mother Church dedicated to the patron Saint Cataldo is the town’s main religious building. Built in the vicinity of the now destroyed castle, it contains a fine tabernacle and a wooden choirstall from the 18th century. The Chiesa di Santa Maria del Gesù contains a fine wooden Crucifix by Frà Umile of Petralia.