Menfi is a small city in the province of Agrigento. It stands at 119 metres above sea level and has a population of about 13,600. It was founded in 1638 by Diego Tagliavia Aragona. Its major attractions are the remnants of a Swabian Castle, now consisting of a polygonal tower, and the 1600ís Palazzo Pignatelli. In the city vicinity is Porto Palo, a fishing village and a nice summer resort, that served as a harbor for the Greek colony of Selinunte.