Ioppolo Giancaxio, 275m a.s.l. and some 1,600 inhabitants, is a small city in the province of Agrigento. Its population mostly live on agriculture. It was founded by Calogero Gabriele Colonna in the close of the 17th century; his family held the village as far as the abolishment of Feudalism, that is, 1812. In 1926, it became an autonomous city.
It has an interesting Castle built in the 1700s by the Colonnas, with a nice tower and battlement. The Mother Church dedicated to San Francesco di Paola is the main religious building.